Rosedale International Education – Committed to Transforming Education
Rosedale International Education Inc. (Toronto, Canada) is a leading practitioner and solution provider in scaling the delivery of global K-12 differentiated education. Embracing innovation in academics and technology, Rosedale takes modern education to new heights, delivering life-changing learning outcomes to students around the world.
Rosedale Academy is a global high school (Ontario Ministry of Education BSID 668726), operated by Rosedale International Education Inc. We are dedicated to building strong partnerships with top secondary schools around the world to provide students with access to differentiated education with an emphasis on higher order thinking skills, while studying in their local school’s classroom.
We empower our international partner schools to embrace their local expertise in teaching and learning. Rosedale Academy delivers a range of robust curriculum rooted in the Ontario Secondary School Diploma and advanced by disruptive innovation in education technology, data-driven learning management, and comprehensive quality assurance services to ensure students reach their full potential and open pathways to their future.
We are committed to our growing diverse network and community and are proud to offer the Rosedale Academy Global High School Program to 6,500+ students across 95 schools in 17 countries—and growing.
About the role
The Manager, Event Marketing & Strategic Programs is responsible for providing event-related project management and is accountable for leading, managing and supporting Rosedale International Education’s global education events. This role requires a manager who is an exceptionally well-organized professional, capable of delivering events that meet defined goals; adept at project management for event marketing activities; comfortable managing projects that involve multiple interdependencies; and adept at working with industry partners across time zones. Reporting to the Head of Education Marketing & Communications and working in close collaboration with the Director of Global Education Partnerships, you will collaboratively support the work of enhancing our brand and market position to build a community of global educators and promote the continued and sustainable growth of Rosedale Academy.
The role is responsible for two annual, signature events, including:
- The Global Student Success Forum: A two-day virtual conference and university fair for more than 4,000 students and 2,000 international education practitioners, occurring in October 2022.
- The Global Education Summit: A conference with international education leaders that is dedicated to driving a positive impact on the next generation of students; event to next occur in early 2023.
- Rosedale webinar series
- Other strategic events, programs and activities as aligned/integrated with other functions of the business
The role is also responsible for executing strategic programs, including timeline management, execution and event support for our webinar series and other strategic programming related to MarCom initiatives. As Rosedale International Education continues to develop strategic partnerships with global universities, the incumbent can expect to have additional tasks associated with business development and partnership management as they pertain to event marketing.
Your responsibilities include
- Event design and planning to meet strategic objectives: Demonstrated experience in the design, planning and execution of events to meet strategic objectives. Your event experience includes both end-to-end event design and management.
- Event management, event marketing and logistics management: Manage day-to-day planning and execution of Rosedale events and strategic programs. Use effective event marketing tactics and project management skills to develop and drive event-based marketing initiatives from concept through to execution. Identify, schedule, plan and maintain event calendars and project task lists, ensuring responsible parties meet deadlines and event milestones are on time. Develop timelines and organizational plans that are cohesive with marketing-communications initiatives and support company goals. Have a proven track record executing both virtual and live events.
- Sponsorship programs: Ability to deliver effective sponsorship opportunities for events that meet objectives and are appropriate for our sector; collaborate with team to craft sponsorship collateral to meet the needs of each event.
- Highly visible projects: Demonstrated ability to manage highly visible projects with industry changemakers, while balancing the complex interdependencies of event planning. Bring forward creative ideas and drive ongoing process improvement in a dynamic, diverse and ever-changing sector.
- Project management and budget management: End-to-end project management. Experience in managing mid-size event budgets and ability to research and source the most suitable options to meet the needs of the event, within budget. Prepare and manage event marketing budgets. Provide ongoing reporting and flag any concerns. Prepare detailed post-event budget reporting and analysis in relation to defined event goals.
- Technology platforms and virtual event experience: As the lead for event marketing, you’ll be our in-house expert on the platforms we use for our events and strategic programs. As a global company, virtual events/components of virtual events will continue to be good business practice. You have experience with various virtual event platforms and how to create superior experiences with virtual platforms. Source and review technology platforms for virtual events and provide recommendations to leadership team. Keep updated on new features, have backup plans for, and be able to troubleshoot, technical issues. Run tech tests in a supportive environment for speakers/panelists.
- Reporting and communications: Lead the reporting on events/programs at all stages to leadership team. Confidently detail progress and next steps and provide consistent and clear communications of event programs to all stakeholders, from meetings to internal briefs.
- Relationship building: Liaise, build and maintain positive relationships with internal and external staff, partners, and vendors. Manage relationships with vendors and speakers as needed.
- Training and supporting team: Support internal team training, including walk-throughs of event platforms, preparing team for pitching e.g. event sponsorship decks. Develop pre- and post-event support materials and communications as needed. Manage staff as needed, including contract staff members and interns.
- Registration: Create a solution for registration that feeds into a CRM and allows for seamless event marketing-communications.
- On-site/virtual event advocate: Ability to represent Rosedale across marketing efforts, including opportunities at trade shows, conferences, and events hosted by external organizations. Source venues and locations for in-person events.
- Creativity and independence: Ask questions, innovate, use your creativity to enhance our event and program experiences. Be able to work independently and be exceptionally well-organized.
- Accessibility: Ensure both virtual and in-person events are accessible and provide best practices for accessibility.
- Other tasks as required.
Your expertise includes
- Minimum of 7 years of progressive event management/marketing experience
- Undergraduate degree in a related discipline; post-graduate certificate in event management or related discipline; PMP designation is an asset; combination of education and experience will be recognized
- Understanding of the global education sector and willingness to further develop your understanding of the sector; understanding of B2B/B2C business
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization and project management skills, with the proven ability to complete a number of event marketing/project tasks simultaneously
- Clear, effective and thoughtful communication skills; excellent negotiation skills
- Positive mindset and ability to be flexible and pivot to craft superior attendee experiences
- Fluency in English, fluency in a second language is an asset
- Ability to work independently; experience with remote work is an asset
- Demonstrated experience and working knowledge of relevant tools and technology including:
- Project management software e.g. Asana, Monday, others
- CRM and relationship management tools e.g. HubSpot, others
- Microsoft Suite e.g. Outlook, Forms, Teams
- Virtual event platforms e.g. Zoom, Airmeet, Swapcard
Work location, compensation and benefits
- Head Office – 7030 Woodbine Avenue, Suite 800, Markham ON L3R 6G2
- Staff are currently able to work remotely, expectation for in-office work/critical meetings TBD
- Compensation range is $70,000 to $80,000 per year and based on experience
- Rosedale offers an extended health benefit plan, vacation time, and opportunities for skill/education development
How to apply
Interested candidates are asked to submit an application package in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Manager, Event Marketing & Strategic Programs
Your application package should include the following:
- Cover letter indicating the position applied to, career objectives, and fit with the position
- Resume of qualifications and experiences
- Relevant portfolio with links demonstrating your expertise as related to the requirements of the job description
Applications must be received by Tuesday, April 19, 2022—we look forward to hearing from you!